Hey there, we know how much you crave the newest verison of the android market app, now know as the Google Play Store App.
Google has already started updating android market on some devices to Google Play Store, but those who can’t wait the OTA update, well, here’s the next best — an APK file of the Google Play Store v3.4.6 (last version of android market was 3.4.4, btw).
How to Install the Google Play Store App 3.4.6
Installing the update manually is simple. You don’t need root, adb or anything, just download and transfer the APK file from above to your phone’s SD Card and use a file manager to browse to it and install. (Don’t forget select the “Unknown sources” check box under applications settings.)
For the newbies, here’s a detailed step by step guide:
- Download the APK file of new Google Play Store App from the above.
- If you downloaded it on PC, transfer it to phone.
- You’ll need a file manager to browse through SD Card. If you don’t have one already, use this file manager (install for free from your current market app, which will soon be Google Play Store (Shop) App.
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Applications, so that you can install applications from SD Card. If you are on Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0, find it under Settings » Security.
- Open file manager app and go to directly where you transferred the apk file in Step 2.
- Find and tap on the file to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in a minute.
- That’s it.
We think there aren’t any major changes in the Google Play Store v3.4.6, from the earlier Android Market v3.4.4, except for that change in app’s version in settings.